Monday, October 6, 2008

Social Networking / Feedback


Finally reached the end of the 23 things. I've had to rush through some things a bit, as I'm away on leave for a couple of weeks, and won't be able to access the internet.


Social networking: don't really like this myself. My daughters have all done the "myspace" and "facebook" thing, and I've discussed with them the aspects of privacy and details that should and should not be shared on such sites. They all like it though, and I know many senior citizens who use it as well. But I don't think I'll be one of them, even though I started up a page for the purpose of this project. But then again ............mmmmmmmmm..........you never know:-)


Some of the web pages I viewed where libraries had their own facebook page were amazing, and perhaps that's the way to go. There'll always be groups and organisations that use the internet extensively for networking and marketing. I know I use the net as a first port of call for information about almost everything. I was just discussing with someone recently that it's only been in the past 10 years or so that I've become so dependent on the net. Getting cable was a huge turning point. The internet holds endless possibilities for individuals and organisations to communicate, though at the end of the day, I hope we don't allow it to totally replace the human to human contact that everybody needs in this life.

1 comment:

Sleepydumpling said...

You're advanced if you've got into the internet in the last 10 years. A lot of people haven't at all, or only really in the last year to two years. Well done!